Peter K. Spillis
Peter K. Spillis is a partner at Kelley | Uustal Trial Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and has more than 25 years of experience in high-stakes civil trial work. He currently heads the firm’s medical malpractice team.
Mr. Spillis is consistently recognized by Best Lawyers in America, Florida Super Lawyers, Florida Trend Magazine, the Daily Business Review’s Most Effective Lawyers, and has the highest rank awarded by the national rating agency, Martindale-Hubbell (AV Preeminent Rating).
- B.S., Texas Christian University
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law
- Best Lawyers in America (2017-2022)
- Florida Super Lawyers (2016-2021)
- AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® – the highest rank awarded by the national rating agency
- Florida Trend Magazine – Legal Elite (2010)
- South Florida Legal Guide – Top Lawyer (2012-2018)
- DBR Most Effective Lawyer (2016)
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs in 2017 and 2018
- Dade County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), an invitation-only national organization dedicated to the promotion of professionalism and the preservation of the right to trial by jury
- President of the Miami Chapter of ABOTA – 2012
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, where membership is limited to less than 0.5% of American Lawyers.
- Active member of the Orange Bowl Committee since 2008